Jump-Gate Forum Index Jump-Gate
Discussion forums
REGISTER and get our Newsletter (no spam)
and additional services which we will launch soon

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

a few simple questions....

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Jump-Gate Forum Index -> French Language
View previous topic :: View next topic  
giggly999

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: a few simple questions.... Reply with quote

this site is the best thing that happened for my french skills!! It's helped me to understand a few things that were giving me problems.

Now, I was just wondering if someone out there was interested in explaining how to use the french future tense to me Razz Im a quick learner so it shouldnt take long.

My second thing is: I have finally made it to the level where I am ready to listen (and understand) french music....can u recomend some rock groups or something?

and my last thing: I was just wondering how different France French and Quebec French really were Razz
THANKS A MILLION!
mad

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how much you already know about the "futur simple", so here goes..

The "futur tense" roughly translates to "will+verb"..for example, "j'irai au Canada" means I will go to Canada.

the formation of the futur is very easy. For most verbs, all you have to do is add the correct ending to the infinitive. The ending are the following:

ai
as
a

ons
ez
ont

For verbs ending in -e, just remove the -e and add the right ending.

There are, of course exceptions. The "radical" (the stem) of the following verbs are irregular:

avoir Arrow aur-
être Arrow ser-
aller Arrow ir-
faire Arrow fer-
venir Arrow viendr-
devoir Arrow devr-
voir Arrow verr-
pouvoir Arrow pourr-
vouloir Arrow voudr-

And verbs that kinda have these verbs as roots are also conjugated this way. For example, "devenir" is conjugated the same way as "venir".

Last edited by mad on Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
CrystalKick

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "Québécois" was the french spoken by the first french settlers in Canada in the 17th. So it evolved in a different way - Québécois have a strong accent and some words we don't understand. But generally a frenchman and a québécois understand each other very well.
giggly999

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys SO much, the futur simple lesson REALLY helped (lol, Im caught up with the class finally MERCI!
mad

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no prob Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: free french worksheets Reply with quote

Hello everyone,
I used to teach french and I have posted some free french worksheets, including on the future tense at
http://www.freefrenchebook.com
they are really helpful for beginning and intermediate level students.
Enjoy!
AnnaLaura
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Jump-Gate Forum Index -> French Language All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: