Jump-Gate Forum Index Jump-Gate
Discussion forums
REGISTER and get our Newsletter (no spam)
and additional services which we will launch soon

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are there any resources for Cajun french ?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Jump-Gate Forum Index -> French Language
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeneralTom

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Are there any resources for Cajun french ? Reply with quote

I'm looking for resources how to speak and maybe write Cajun french which is spoken i Louisiana and parts of Texas.

Does anyone know where I can find more information except wikiped ?
GeneralTom

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No cajun resource tip for me ?
Julien

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I have nothing for you.

Once I saw a TV report about some old french-speaking guy in Louisiana. He was explaining that he used to speak French at home when he was a little boy, but his teacher would punish him if he was caught speaking French with his classmates during the class.
Anyway, they had to put subtitles since he was really really difficult to understand that guy.
GeneralTom

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, some things is not easy to find on the net or it is getting lost in all noise :)

USA and Canada should take care more about it's original linguistic history and preserve parts of it for future generations.
Bob

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Cajun Resources Reply with quote

One of the very best ways to develop a fluency in Cajun French is through [i]Cajun French Self Taught[/i] by Rev. Jules O. Daigle. It comes with a three CD set for proper pronunciation. It is available online through Floyd's Record Shop or Amazon.
There is also a CD entitled [i]You Can Speak Cajun French[/i] by Fred Charlie. Lastly, there is an online tutorial, Cajunlanguage.net. (This is cumbersome and difficult too follow--and my background is in linguistics).
Good luck.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Jump-Gate Forum Index -> French Language All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: