Jump-Gate Forum Index Jump-Gate
Discussion forums
REGISTER and get our Newsletter (no spam)
and additional services which we will launch soon

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

can someone drop me some tips for my French trip?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Jump-Gate Forum Index -> French Language
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scd5end3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: can someone drop me some tips for my French trip? Reply with quote

Dear all, i'm a green thumb here. I am going for a conference trip in Lyon this April for a length of a week. And i would like to know what important French words are almost a must-know kind and please list down and i shall learn em by heart. for instance, road sign, how to ask for direction, etc. Also anyone actually lives in Lyon? Some recommendation for my trip? Thanks a million in advance.First time going to Europe, an unknown land to me...
Julien

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to live there.

Where are you going to stay?

French suck in English, be patient Wink

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think "parlez-vous anglais?" should be enough Laughing
zmike

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try
Quote:
Je ne comprend pas
It works for me Very Happy
elin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: hello Reply with quote

have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
scd5end3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: The organizer shall arrange the hotel stay. (should be somew Reply with quote

somewhere near the Convention Center. Yes! Greater if u tell me how Lyonians work, talk or how to have a great stay overthere? Say, site seeing, eating or other cultural activities. I'm thinking of visiting a professor in University of Geneva. Do u think it's easy to get there from Lyon? Thanks a million!!
Julien

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lyon - Geneva is not such a long trip (something like 150km)

And you'll have a chance to see French & Swiss Alps

You may have a look at this;
http://www.en.lyon-france.com/

If you gonna stay where I think you gonna stay, it's not downtown and you'll have to take a bus or to walk to visit the city (there are metro lines in Lyon but it does not go to the Palais des Congrès)

Usually, tourists like the Presqu'Ile (1st and 2nd "arrondissement") and the Old City (5th). The interesting part of the Presqu'Ile goes from the Town Hall (hotel de ville) to the Place Bellecour.

If I am right, you'll be staying at the "Cité Internationale". The Presqu'Ile is the part between the two rivers (Saone and Rhône). The Old City is where Basilique de Fourvière and Cathédrale Saint Jean are.

The Basilique is on a hill, but you can take a funicular railway if you are too lazy Laughing
smooooothcriminal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: can someone drop me some tips for my French trip? Reply with quote

hi scd5end3
i hope you have a good time in france
these sentenses may be helpful
quel est votre nom ? what is your name?

quel est votre nom de famille? what is your family name ?

qu 'est-ce que c'est ? what is this ?

ou est le bureau ? where is the office ?

elle est belle it is beutiful

ou es la hotel ? where is the hotel ?

bonjour good morning

bonsoir good evening

comment allez-vou ? how are you ?

salut hi

bienvenu you are welcom

d'ou viens-tu? where are you from?

even though french is not my native language but i tried to help you by coping some francais from my book

good trip
& good luck
george

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:41 am    Post subject: Re: can someone drop me some tips for my French trip? Reply with quote

scd5end3 wrote:
Dear all, i'm a green thumb here. I am going for a conference trip in Lyon this April for a length of a week. And i would like to know what important French words are almost a must-know kind and please list down and i shall learn em by heart. for instance, road sign, how to ask for direction, etc. Also anyone actually lives in Lyon? Some recommendation for my trip? Thanks a million in advance.First time going to Europe, an unknown land to me...

voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir?
IT WORKS FOR ME
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Jump-Gate Forum Index -> French Language All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: