Jump-Gate Forum Index Jump-Gate
Discussion forums
REGISTER and get our Newsletter (no spam)
and additional services which we will launch soon

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

what language is the easiest to study? hardest to study?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Jump-Gate Forum Index -> French Language
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aris

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject: what language is the easiest to study? hardest to study? Reply with quote

hi there pipz,
i'm trying to study french now and i still want to study spanish maybe after i finish studying french

i just wonder what language for you is the EASIEST to study?and what is HARDEST language to study?

well, for me English is EASIER than SPANISH while FRENCH
is the hardest..

for you, what is the easiest and what is the hardest?

au revoir
-aris-
Julien

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: what language is the easiest to study? hardest to study? Reply with quote

aris wrote:
i'm trying to study french now and i still want to study spanish maybe after i finish studying french

You never finish studying French Wink

French has the reputation of being a hard language. I guess you can figure out why.
Azure

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find french quite easy to learn, but then i guess you never finish learning french.

Also, in the philippines, do you not learn Spanish as a second language??
aris

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azure wrote:
Also, in the philippines, do you not learn Spanish as a second language??

well, the language that all of us is practicing here is just english and of course our very own language " TAGALOG / Pilipino ".. NO FRENCH, NO SPANISH i don't know why we're all focused and forced to study that language( English ) from nursery till college.. Arrow that's why almost all of the Filipinos know how to speak that language..but there are very few schools who can maybe teach other languages..
aris

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow i just started to study this language just now...( mmmm.. maybe just a month ago Arrow its SUMMER here in the philippines ) 'coz if there's school, i should focus on it and not on other things.. thats why when i got interested to study this language ( FRENCH ).. i'm trying to study it everyday to familiarize some words before another school year will start..
zmike

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All languages could never be finished(learning)
Leo-BR

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the easiest language to learn is English, beacause it has just a couple of rules. You dont have to distinguish things like feminine or masculine or even plural sometimes, you just say The Boy, The Boys, The Girl, The Girls. It's so generic.
:)

and what about the verbs? their past is all the same, just add -ED to the end (the regulars one of course) .....

that's why i think enligsh is the easiest language to learn!

Just my opnion! Thnx!
aris

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree.. Smile
smooooothcriminal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as for me i think english is the easiest language to study
because it is widly spoken and you can practice it almoust every where
unlike french and spanch wich is , relativly , not widly spoken
even if you go to parice or madrid you can go with out speaking their language because is spoken there also dont you agree
aris

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow yeah...
Eline

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:35 am    Post subject: HI Reply with quote

as for me, i started to study once spanish and i found this language the most easies ,and it wasn't chalanging and also i didn't really liked the sound of it so i decided not to continue, i can't study a language whilel i am not enjoing it.the hardest one for me was to study the french.i emigrated to Israel from Russia and in Israel i had to study the hebrew language , and i have to admit that in french i find some rules from hebrew, and from russian , in short french is the most hardest for me.
poisonivy

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: french lessons Reply with quote

hello!

aris, how much did you pay for your french lessons? im very much interested to enrol. which school and where is it located?

thanks
Italy

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 8:18 am    Post subject: English Reply with quote

I'm an English teacher, and English at the beginning is very easy compared to latin and germanic languages and others i'm sure, but it gets increasingly difficult as you go on because we have a larger amount of words and there are always those famous phrasal verbs. Plus there are the various varieties of English and then there are always the rules, but many don't apply them. For example as in French and Italian you can make a seemingly affirmative structure-wise sentence into a question. For example: You like cheese? etc.

If a native speaker who has never travelled abroad or lived abroad spoke to you, you might not understand much. We use lots of idioms and phrasal verbs. Imagine. Run up, run out, run in, run into, run from, run towards, run down, run over, run for it, etc all have different meanings.

1. We really ran up quite a bill at the restaurant. (to spend a lot of money)
2. Oh crap! I've run out of money. (in latin languages you say finish)
3. He had a run in with the police department last night. (here run in is not a verb, but a noun)
4. I ran into Suzy the other day. She's pregant. (to meet)
5. He was running away from the dog.
6. The dog was running towards him.
7. The building looks quite run down. (Here again not a verb, means in bad condition)
8. I felt so bad the other day because I ran over a cat. (to go over with a car).
9. I say we run for it! (to escape)

Anyway, we use these words more frequently than the ones in parentheses. .. and the list goes on of phrasal verbs. Well all languages are difficult on what level you'd like to get to.

Stephanie

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: what language is the easiest to study? hardest to study? Reply with quote

well, ur from the phils so i am, ur studying french so i am the difference is that im doing it alone in here i mean right now im in france and well got the oppurtunity to listen the natives speak but gosh for my 5 months of stay olalala i can't speak the language straight bec. im alwys afraid that i might get wrong in short im not gutsy. u might ask why im studyng alone and not go to a school well here i need to pay a 100 euros for that course ohh gosh u noe how much is it over there, so never mind anyway i can still learn through the natives as my laboratory likewise i shd find a lot of guts to myself in order to speak the tongue.
so find an oppurtunty to speak with somebody in that language and for sure u wll never find it that much difficult in my case wll i perfectly understand them as long as they wll speak slowly, bec its hard when they connect from one wrd to the next word.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: WHICH ONE IS EASIER Reply with quote

well English was easy to learn for me it took me two months and I have been living in the United States for 5 years which has given me time to work on my accent. I speak Spanish and I'm learning French and to do both I don't think it would be very hard, maybe once in a whie you will say "si" instead of "oui" and the conjugation may be a little tricky but you will be able to and each language will help you with the other. If you only want to take one take french. Because with french there are many thigs that sound alike and are the same, but Spanish is so different from English, so yeah and you are right French is prettier
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Jump-Gate Forum Index -> French Language All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: