Jump-Gate Forum Index Jump-Gate
Discussion forums
REGISTER and get our Newsletter (no spam)
and additional services which we will launch soon

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

what language is the easiest to study? hardest to study?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Jump-Gate Forum Index -> French Language
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hellokitty

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

of course since i live in the U.S. i find english the easiest, but im just starting french, and i already am pretty good at japanese. for some reason though, i found japanese REALLY easy to understand and memorize. Laughing weird.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think English is the easiest language in the world
while Chinese is the most difficult in the world
for me
le france is not very difficult
evril1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Candidate for most EASY language:
I find the binary zero and one language most easy to learn ;)

Candidate for most TOUGH language:
Here I find the same language, the binary language but for pronounciation ;)

Evril has spoken Wink Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VERY HARD TO SAY ZERO ????????
Deanna

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:22 am    Post subject: what language is the easiest to study? hardest to study? Reply with quote

Allo!

This is a very interesting discussion.

As an American who has always spoken English, one might suppose that I found it the easiest to grasp. As a very young reader, I was quite verbally advanced but my writing skills were sadly lacking. It wasn't until I studied French in high school that I finally began to grasp English grammar. Somehow, I just couldn't comprehend the difference between an adjective and an adverb until I was called upon to use them in French class.

All throughout my high school years, the teachers loved my themes and stories but continually complained that the grammar was atrocious. Creative mind without the proper structure. Once I learned the proper grammar, I never looked back.

To back up a little, I studied Latin for two years before studying French. By the time I began my third year of French, I was fortunate enough to have a teacher who also began teaching me Italian which I immediately adored.

In September I will finally make my first and long-awaited trip to England, France, and Italy. Needless to say, I found this forum only after reading Jacques Leon's excellent french lessons here at jump-gate.com. I was pleased and surprised at how much French I'd retained. Both the vocabulary and grammatical rules came flowing back into me as I reviewed the material.

BTW, nothing could have been more excruciating that the second year of Latin which was nothing but pages and pages of translation. And all that I can really remember is that Britannia est une insula and Italia est une paeninsula. LOL!

Please excuse any spelling errors in my Latin, French, and/or Italian...it's been forty years since I was that eager language student in high school.

Ciao!

deanna
Esther

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: French vs Spanish Reply with quote

I've been Sudying French and Spanish for three years in High School and now we must choose at least one foreign language. At one time i wanted to do both then French became really difficult and I began to love Spanish and hate French.However as of late ,the tables have turned.Now I hate Spanish and simply adore French on top of which "je ne supporte pas la prof d'espagnol et la me fait super peur." But as usual emptions run wild and now I feel that my reason for neglecting Spanish was totally biased and I know I won't be able to cope with both. What should I do?

J'attends ta lettre,
Esther
coltanno

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well english is the easiest for me and spanish and french are the hardest. Well.... french is sorta easy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Jump-Gate Forum Index -> French Language All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: