Jump-Gate Forum Index Jump-Gate
Discussion forums
REGISTER and get our Newsletter (no spam)
and additional services which we will launch soon

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Raven song

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Jump-Gate Forum Index -> Swedish Language
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omskakare

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:40 am    Post subject: Raven song Reply with quote

Hello!

Many years ago I dated a Swedish man that really loved his folk songs. One of my favorites was a song about a raven and a soldier, but I can't for the life of me remember the name.

I called it "the korparna song" when I was speaking of it to him. I hardly remember any lyrics, but the very first part was "när jag allena...va på måst gå...." The first part I'm sure on the words, the second part is just a vague phonetic remembering. They also say korparna, of course, and the word "vände" at the end of one of the verses.

I also seem to remember him saying the song wasn't originally Swedish, but translated through several languages before it reached Swedish.

If anyone knows what this is, I would be ETERNALLY grateful.
roberth

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried to find that song, it is not easy. Never heard about it myself and checked with friends and searched on the net and nothing.

If you have any clue about an artist or group name it would be much more easy.

Sincerely
Roberth
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Jump-Gate Forum Index -> Swedish Language All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: