Jump-Gate Forum Index Jump-Gate
Discussion forums
REGISTER and get our Newsletter (no spam)
and additional services which we will launch soon

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help please - ANYWAY in French

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Jump-Gate Forum Index -> French Language
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nita

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Help please - ANYWAY in French Reply with quote

I've looked through my books and online translators, but I can't find the right French word for ANYWAY. As in:

(1)
This umbrella is too expensive, but it's raining and I need one, so I'll buy it ANYWAY.

(2)
Nag..nag...nag... Anyway, let's forget about him and talk about something else.

Thanks in advance.

Nita
Julien

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. de toutes fašons

2. "bon" for example. There is a bunch of small words that can't be translated and which are only used in spoken French. Bon is one of them.
Nita

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much, Julien. You have enlightened me!! For [2], I was too narrow-minded to try find an exact translation. When in fact, in English, I might be saying 'Hey, let's forget about him' or 'Grrrr, let's forget about him'. You got my idea very well.

And [1] 'de toutes facons' will come in handy when I do need to convey that meaning.

Thanks heaps!

Nita @ Hong Kong
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Jump-Gate Forum Index -> French Language All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: